The Sandy Beach development site:
- the grey line on the left shows the popular Sandy Creek Hike to Sandy Beach, which is off the map to the left.
- the Australian Walking Company’s development site is marked in green on the coastal headland, looming over the beach. You can see why we keep referring to the fragile coastal dune system.
- the Australian Walking Company’s proposed new road (green) to access the site comes down off the West Bay Road, which runs along the top (orange).
- a new track (green) would lead the Australian Walking Company’s guests back and forth to the actual Wilderness Trail on the right (grey).
- the existing campsite for Night One is on the right, the clear patch is Snake Lagoon. This is where the private accommodation was originally sited, away from the coast and utilising existing roads and tracks.